Friday, October 9, 2009

Quick Tip: Do Less

I've been running on fumes lately and have had a tough time getting motivated. So, this morning, instead of trying to get anything done, I met some writing friends for breakfast, and then headed off to my daughter's school for an absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving feast. Filled with turkey, stuffing, the best potato salad I've ever tasted and a decadent eclair, I returned home to, well, do nothing. I read a bit, played Snakes & Ladders with my youngest son, knit a few rows (I picked up a knitting project again after bragging the other day that I do nothing but write. Guess I'll have to rewrite that post now!) ... In other words, I relaxed. Not something I do nearly enough of.

And now ... I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the next batch of queries, the rejection in the inbox and the rush article that's waiting on my desk, not to mention preparations for our big Thanksgiving feast, complete with the typical ridiculous assortment of desserts. Sometimes by doing less, we find the energy and motivation to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment