Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today's Backup Reminder Brought to you by One-Care

Do you back up your computer? I'm amazed by the number of people I know who don't. I hear horror stories all the time from friends who have lost everything when their computers crashed.

Mine just did, last week, apparently caused by some One-Care glitch that screwed up the whole thing. At first, I couldn't get on the Internet. I couldn't access Control Panel. Then I couldn't log onto the computer at all except in Safe-Mode, and then only for a few minutes before the computer shut off.

The fix was relatively simple, although a little scary. My computer hard drive was wiped out and the operating system re-installed. It's working great now, and I'm breathing again thanks to the successful return of all my files. Thousands of pictures and all my articles, stories and novels-in-progress are all safe and sound.

Are yours?

Back up often. Back up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment