Monday, September 28, 2009

Welcome to my three-ring circus.

In the centre ring, we have my family--five spirited kids aged 4-14 and my self-employed husband--as well as our wayward cat and the roughly 100-year-old renovation project we all call home. In the ring to my right is my freelance career, where I write articles and essays for a growing number of publications, including The Globe and Mail, Today's Parent Baby & Toddler, New Beginnings and The Writer, and provide editing and proofreading services to businesses and other writers. And in the ring on my left you'll find my fiction writing dreams, where my works-in-progress currently include a novel and several short stories.

Keeping it all together is definitely a bit of a circus act, and making time to do it all sometimes requires feats that defy the laws of science. That's what you'll find here: the tricks I've found to manage time, sanity and the writing process.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading more. I only have two kids - teenagers - but still find it tricky to juggle everything.

    ReplyDelete